What is the best way to end a perfect Mothers Day? A hot bath of course! We have you covered with this easy bath bomb recipe that we know every mother will enjoy!
- Measuring cup, bowl and wisk
- Baking Soda
- Citric Acid
- Water-free Witch Hazel (in a spray bottle)
- Essential oil
- Water-free colorant
- Mini-muffin pan
- Wax paper
- You can use the food processor. Add 1 cup baking soda to your mixing bowl.
- Next, add 1/2 cup of citric acid to the baking soda, mix well break apart all clumps.
- Next, 3 milliliters essential oils, if you can’t smell the fragrance add more. Thoroughly mix.
- Now add your colorant, add it slowly until you reach your desired color. You can ONLY use non-water based liquid color otherwise it will activate the bath bomb to start fizzing. Thoroughly mix into the powder. Try sticking with pastels colors. Otherwise it will color your bath water.
- Now we need to add the witch hazel to create our bombs. Put your witch hazel into the spray bottle. Add the witch hazel in one pump at a time. For dry climates you will need more, humid less.
- As soon as your mixture makes a clump you have enough. Place your Bombs into the mini muffin pan. Pack each one tightly into the molds. This will keep your bomb together. Let them sit for 10 minutes.
- Then turn them onto a wax sheet to finish drying overnight.
Makes: 12 mini bath bombs