These are a great alternative to snacking on candy! They are sweet, nutty, rich and filling. Perfect to take on a short hike or picnic.
- ¾ cup raw, unsalted Cashew nuts
- 2 – 3 tbsp melted coconut oil
- ⅓ cup almond flour
- ⅓ cup plain, shredded coconut
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ cup chopped cranberries
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp water
- Soak cashews in hot water for 15 minutes. Drain thoroughly.
- Blend cashews in high-speed blender, pausing to scrape the side of the blender, until they form a paste.
- Add 2 tbsp of melted coconut oil and blend again until you get a thick but smooth buttery consistency. If you need, add an additional tbsp of coconut oil.
- Combine with the almond flour, coconut, cinnamon, vanilla extract and water until you get a cookie dough texture. Gently fold in the cranberries.
- Scoop one tablespoon of mixture at a time and roll into balls. If you want, you may roll the balls in coconut to coat the outside.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.