This tutorial will show you how to alleviate low back pain by elongating the spine and opening the hips.
- Start on a carpeted floor or bed. Make sure the surface is flat.
- While facing the surface, kneel with your knees on opposite sides, like a frog.
- Take your hands and place them on the floor in front of you. Bring your face towards the floor while extending your hands above your head.
- Once you’re in this position, you will simultaneously be bringing your butt towards the floor while extending your hands slowly in front of you. Your focus in this posture is to slowly extend your hands and butt in opposite directions to elongate the spine.
- Breathe into this position. You are going to feel a stretch in your inner thighs, groin, arms, and across the back. Continuously bring your butt closer towards the ground while breathing into this position and stretching your hands above your head.
- Take a deep breath in and slowly make your way back up to the kneeling position.
You may add this stretch to your daily routine to help open the hips and alleviate low back pain. This is also a great stretch for travelers to relieve stiffness and cramps that come along with extended travel. Enjoy!