Who knew sweet potatoes could be turned into delicious brownies? Straight out of the "Sweet Potato Diet" book, this delicious treat carries only 181 calories, 24 grams of carbs, and 10 grams of fat. Try it out for yourself and let us know your thoughts on our Facebook or Instagram page!
- 1 cup mashed sweet potato
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Lightly coat a 9x9 inch pan with coconut oil.
- Mix the sweet potato, eggs, honey, coconut oil, and vanilla.
- Add flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt (and chocolate chips if using).
- Mix gently until combined. Pour into greased 9x9 inch pan and bake for 20 minutes.
- Brownies are done when you can insert a knife and it comes out clean.
These sweet potato brownies are a great and nutritious way to satisfy your sweet tooth while staying on track with your fitness goals!
To learn more about Michael Morelli’s Sweet Potato Diet and his delicious recipes check out his website or pick up the book "The Sweet Potato Diet".